True Mind, True Heart, True Spirit
At St Edward’s School we believe that every individual is unique and made in God’s own image. We accept the trust the parents and carers have placed in putting their children into our care, as a privilege. Therefore everything we do at school is aimed at developing each child to his or her full spiritual, academic and social potential.
To this end the Governors, in partnership with the Staff seek to ensure that:
- As a Catholic school our religious education, based on the teachings of the Gospel and the Catholic Church, permeates every aspect of school life.
- We seek to foster a positive attitude between all members of our school community whether child or adult, showing mutual respect regardless of ability, gender, race or culture.
- We encourage our pupils to be pro-active in all aspects of school life and seek and value their opinions.
- We seek to provide interesting, engaging and challenging lessons that enable effective learning for each pupil.
- We seek to provide a safe and attractive learning environment in which all children learn to be sensitive and aware of the wider environment for which they will ultimately be responsible.
- As a Catholic school we believe that parents and carers are the foremost educators of their children. We encourage parents and carers to play an active role in the education of their children and welcome and value their views.
'I know the plans I have for you says the Lord,
Plans to give you hope and a future.'